Since January 2015, patients of our Hospital can take advantage of the so-called “Oncological package” aimed at improving the treatment of oncological patients.
In the case of cancer, time is of the greatest importance, therefore it is crucial that the disease is detected as early as possible, and that diagnostics and treatment are carried out quickly, efficiently and thoroughly.
Patients with suspected or diagnosed malignancies of the digestive system awaiting diagnostic and therapeutic oncological healthcare services are directed to the rapid oncological path.
The hospital council decides on comprehensive care at every stage of the disease, both for outpatients and inpatients.
The following entities are responsible for diagnostics and treatment of patients directed to the rapid oncological pathway:
- General Surgery Outpatient Clinic
- diagnostic organizational units of the Hospital and entities cooperating under contracts
- Department of General and Oncological Surgery in the field of general surgery
- the hospital council, both on an outpatient and inpatient basis
- entities cooperating with the Hospital, providing chemotherapy and radiotherapy services
Reception desk: 12 37 97 377
General Surgery Outpatient Clinic: 12 37 97 160
Reception desk of the Department of General and Oncological Surgery: 12 37 97 145
Mirosław Szura, MD, PhD, Professor of the Jagiellonian University – Head of the Department of General and Oncological Surgery is the coordinator of the oncological package as part of the Outpatient Specialist Care and Hospital Treatment.
Contact by phone: 12 37 97 148 from 07:30 a.m. 2:35 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
General information for patients on the rapid oncological path – see the National Health Fund website: www.pakietonkologiczny.gov.pl