The Brothers Hospitallers of Saint John of God Hospital in Krakow provides high-quality healthcare services according to the applicable laws and in line with the expectations of patients, safeguarding the friendly and safe conditions of treatment and work for patients, visitors, and healthcare professionals.
In order to continuously improve the quality of our services, we introduced and maintain a quality management system compliant with the international standard ISO 9001:2015.
Our goals concerning quality, the environment, and occupational health and safety are as follows:
- continuously improve the standards of the healthcare services we deliver
- continuously improve the wellbeing of patients receiving healthcare services
- ensure the full satisfaction of patients and hospital staff
- comply with the relevant laws and legal requirements concerning quality, environmental protection, and occupational health and safety
- develop an awareness and commitment among the staff members to decrease the environmental impact of the hospital’s activities and services
- ensure proper water and wastewater management
- effectively use heat and electricity
- follow proper waste management
- reduce the risk of environmental emergencies
- prevent accidents at work, occupational illness, and situations which could potentially lead to accidents
- continuously improve occupational safety and hygiene in the workplace
- continuously improve the quality management, environmental management, and occupational health and safety management systems
Our measures to implement these goals include:
- continuously upgrading skills and raising awareness among the staff members whose work relates to the quality of services and the environmental impact of the hospital, and involving the staff members in activities dedicated to occupational safety and hygiene
- procuring modern and necessary medical equipment
- creating a welcoming atmosphere and making patients comfortable
- ensuring full information about the progress of treatment
- renovating and adapting individual departments step-by-step up to existing standards
- analyzing and drawing conclusions from the questionnaires filled out by the patients leaving the hospital and by the staff
- management’s commitment to developing the hospital in accordance with the principles of environmental protection and occupational health and safety
The Brothers Hospitallers of Saint John of God Hospital in Krakow periodically re-examines the integrated quality management system to verify the quality policy, environmental management, and occupational health and safety, and adapts it to the changing conditions.
This policy is communicated to all employees and is provided to patients upon request.
Detailed objectives are periodically reviewed by the company’s management based on general goals concerning quality, the environment, and occupational health and safety.
The management is committed to providing the resources and means necessary to implement this policy.
The certificate awarded by the Polish National Center for Quality Assessment in Health Care, a subunit of the Ministry of Health, confirms the highest quality of the services delivered and compliance with the accreditation standards for inpatient settings. The Brothers Hospitallers of Saint John of God Hospital in Krakow is one of the first hospitals in Poland accredited by the Polish National Center for Quality Assessment in Health Care.
We received the first certificate in 1999 and have been regularly continuing the accreditation scheme, assessing and verifying procedures in various areas of operation.
Accreditation is a voluntary assessment process of healthcare providers regarding the level of services and safety of patients. The Quality Certificate is valid for 3 years and is awarded based on an audit performed by the Polish National Center for Quality Assessment in Health Care. Measurable criteria are applied to assess the operation of healthcare providers in terms of medical services, including adverse events, hospital-acquired infections, deaths, and rehospitalization or reoperation rates, in order to identify possible improvement and to increase patient safety. The status of an accredited hospital is awarded to healthcare providers that fulfill at least 75 percent of the mandatory standards.
The assessment of Brothers Hospitallers of Saint John of God Hospital in Krakow took place November 15–17, 2017 and involved 15 areas of hospital operation. The Accreditation Board approved the conclusions of the auditing visit and awarded the Brothers Hospitallers of Saint John of God Hospital in Krakow accreditation for hospitalization services. The Hospital received 88 percent of the maximum score. It ranked best in the following categories: quality of laboratory and imaging diagnostics, monitoring and analysis of measures aimed at improving patient safety, and development strategy.
This achievement was made possible through the combined efforts and engagement of all staff members who are committed to keep high safety standards in their everyday work.